It is currently 25 Oct 2014 00:13 Advanced search

Ice Cream Sandwich Update Rolling Out to XOOM WiFi Now

All latest News/Features about Motorola Xoom find here.

Ice Cream Sandwich Update Rolling Out to XOOM WiFi Now

Postby barex » 20 Jan 2012 07:58

At the tail end of last week, an Ice Cream Sandwich update file for the Motorola XOOM WiFi was posted up across the interwebs, giving experienced users a chance for manual installation. If those instructions appeared to be too much work, you no longer have to wait to update. The update, according to the flood of emails in our inbox, is rolling out now to all XOOM WiFi models.

To pull it, cruise into Settings>About tablet>System updates.
barex

Re: Ice Cream Sandwich Update Rolling Out to XOOM WiFi Now

Postby engijoe » 20 Jan 2012 11:23

Xoom 3G owners were told they would be upgraded to 4G LTE within two months of purchase. That turned to late June 2011. That turned to the end of July. Then by September. Then sometime around October it happens, right after Samsung is out with their 4G tablet. Then VZ drops the price by a few hundred. First stop is 599 then 299. 3G Xoom was not the worst tablet computer but the worst purchase of 2011.
engijoe

Re: Ice Cream Sandwich Update Rolling Out to XOOM WiFi Now

Postby Leochan » 03 Feb 2012 09:46

Has anyone has been able to verify this? there is so many rumors and speculations about this product that I'm not moving not a single finger (to put money out of my wallet) before I get find some feedback from people that is actually using it already :oops:

engijoe wrote:Xoom 3G owners were told they would be upgraded to 4G LTE within two months of purchase. That turned to late June 2011. That turned to the end of July. Then by September. Then sometime around October it happens, right after Samsung is out with their 4G tablet. Then VZ drops the price by a few hundred. First stop is 599 then 299. 3G Xoom was not the worst tablet computer but the worst purchase of 2011.
Two of my websites as web designer :) > : 800 Numbers
dedicated to VoIP technology
Leochan

• Advertisement

Return to Motorola Xoom News