It is currently 21 Aug 2014 00:30 Advanced search

This is the dual-core Motorola Olympus headed to AT&T

General Discussion area for all topics involving the Motorola droid that do not fit into other categories.

This is the dual-core Motorola Olympus headed to AT&T

Postby engijoe » 14 Jan 2012 14:53

When LG leaked their dual-core phone we knew Motorola would do the same too and that’s just what happened this morning. A tipster just sent pics of a new Motorola phone to Gizmodo and while the site isn’t too sure what phone it is, I can tell you this is the Olympus aka Terminator.

At first we thought the Olympus was a Verizon exclusive, but it turns out that it is coming to multiple carriers and AT&T will actually launch the phone first around the last week of January. The Motorola Olympus is rumored to feature NVIDIA’s dual-core Tegra 2 processor, a 4.1-inch display, 8 megapixel camera with 1080p video record, front-facing camera, HDMI out, and is currently running Android 2.2 with Motoblur.

We all know that Gingerbread is around the corner so hopefully Motorola updates this phone to Android 2.3, but we aren’t too sure of that given the company’s history of shipping Android phones with an outdated OS.

Now that we have seen all the upcoming dual-core phones, which one do you want the most? The Samsung Nexus S, the LG Star, or the Motorola Olympus?
engijoe

Re: This is the dual-core Motorola Olympus headed to AT&T

Postby gammah » 14 Jan 2012 15:15

These specs seem impressive, for now. I’d wait till middle next year and
see what lays out for us. weird, a year ago, every new phones are
trying to look like the iPhone. Now every phone kinda looks like the
Samsung Vibrant to me. I guess it’s the next gen look.
gammah

• Advertisement

Return to Motorola Droid General Discussion