It is currently 19 Apr 2014 20:06 Advanced search

Motorola Droid 4 Screen Repair Guide

Here's a rundown of sll shortcut commands and handy tips and tricks for Motorola Droid 4.

Postby ByteFalcon » 15 Apr 2012 10:29

This written repair guide will help you in replacing the touch screen or LCD screen on your Motorola Droid 4. This guide will take you through each step from removing the screws, to flex cables, adhesive and other internal components.

This guide will help you install the following Motorola Droid 4 part (s):
Motorola Droid 4 Touch Screen Digitizer Replacement
Motorola Droid 4 LCD Screen Replacement
And Other Motorola Droid 4 Parts

Tools Required:
Safe Open Pry Tool
T5 Torx Screwdriver
Adhesive Strips (For Touch Screen Replacements)
Hot Air Gun / Hair Dryer

Motorola Droid 4 Take Apart/Repair Guide:
First step is to remove the back battery cover by simply sliding it down and then raising it from the front of the phone.
Lift the Micro SM cover using safe pry tool.
Remove the battery sticker from the device by cautiously peeling it away.
Remove the two (2) screws holding the battery in place using T5 Torx Screwdriver.

Carefully remove the battery using safe pry tool. The battery will held in place with a large amount of adhesive.
Use safe pry tool and pry away the top camera cover which is held in place with adhesive. Two (2) hidden T5 Torx screws will be exposed once the top camera cover is removed.

Pry cautiously around the edges of the back bezel and remove the back housing from the rest of the device using safe pry tool.
Remove the thirteen (13) Torx T5 Screws that is holding the mid chassis in place and then carefully pry off the frame chassis from the rest of the device.

The motherboard is now exposed. Disconnect the two (2) pop connectors as shown in Figure 4.

Set aside the motherboard and we are now left with the front slide part and top of the keyboard.
Remove the two (2) T5 Torx Screws that is holding the slide and keyboard in place.

Remove the keyboard from the device and be cautious of the flex cable that is fed through the slide.
Remove the ten (10) T5 Torx Screws at the back of the screen assembly.

rom the LCD assembly, remove the front panel.
Heat the front of the panel to remove the touch screen digitizer. Use hair dryer or heat gun to warm the adhesive holding the digitizer. The touchscreen digitizer is part of the front panel.
Apply average heat for about 45-60 seconds using quick movements around the outside edges.
Using safe pry tool, pry between the digitizer and the bezel to release the adhesive holding the touch screen in place. Reheat if needed.
Feed the flex cable through the housing cautiously and completely remove the touch screen from the device.
For LCD replacement, release the pop connector above the LCD screen. You can then remove the LCD screen by lifting the LCD screen from the housing.

Now you will be able to replace any parts on your Motorola Droid 4. Simply replace the damaged parts with the new ones and reverse the order to put your phone back together again.
ByteFalcon

Re: Motorola Droid 4 Screen Repair Guide

Postby omarrq » 15 Apr 2012 10:31

thanks for posting.
omarrq

Postby samhusten » 14 Aug 2012 07:00

Hey Thanks for sharing the guide.But I also need to know the same thing but precisely I need to know ,on my phone I am not able to edit the default voicemail entry to add the pause after that add the code.Please help me out.
Last edited by samhusten on 31 Aug 2012 12:10, edited 1 time in total.
samhusten

Postby Eliza » 15 Aug 2012 04:14

samhusten wrote:Hey Thanks for sharing the guide.But I also need to know the same thing but precisely I need to know ,on my phone I am not able to edit the default voicemail entry to add the pause after that add the code.Please help me out.

Ur question is not clear.. can u explain a bit more??
Eliza

Next

• Advertisement

Return to Motorola Droid 4 Tips and Tricks