The Great looking Smartphone, which is available in Modern White and Titanium, is stylishly thin (0.33 inches) and easily stands out in a crowd. And it is made with DuPont™ Kevlar® fiber to show extraordinary strength and durability under condition. It also has a high-tech, nano-coating that works as a splash guard and makes it resistant to the accidental splash. This protects the handset from splash not only from the outside, but also the circuit boards inside of it. However, this also means that it has an removable battery.
Motorola Atrix HD has been introduced as a Business Ready Smartphone. This is due to its Government-grade encryption for emails, contacts and calendar, and mirror mode that can be used for presentations via HDMI output, plus VPN support.
The Display & Camera
Motorola has been highly criticized for its bad displays. However, Motorola Artix HD seems to have found an answer to this. The ColorBoost Screen on the phone seems do a very good job at displaying extremely bright and very colorful pictures.
On the other hand, the camera of the Motorola Artix HD does not seem to be the best camera that came with a Motorola handset. Although it supports taking still shots while recording video and does not seem to have any shutter lag, it is very noisy under low light. Not having a camera button seems to be another deal breaker for some users.
While it does have some drawbacks, it is still a great Smartphone for $100.
- Processor: 1.5 GHz dual core (Qualcomm® MSM 8960 Chipset)
- RAM: 1GB
- Memory: 8GB (Supports Up to 32GB - microSD™)
- Network: AT&T
- 2G Network: GSM/GPRS/EDGE - 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
- 3G Network: UMTS - 850/1700/1900/2100 MHz
- 4G Network: HSPA+ with enhanced backhaul
- 4G LTE: Band 4 and 17
- Dimensions: 5.25 x 2.7 x 0.3 (inches)
- Weight: 4.9 (ounces)
- Display: 4.5 inches
1280x720 HD 720p with ColorBoost™
16 million Colors
- OS: Android™ 4.0: Ice Cream Sandwich
- Battery: Capacity - 1780 mAh Li Ion Polymer
Talk time - Up to 9 hours
Standby Time - Up to 8.5 days
- Camera: Primary - 8MP with autofocus and flash
Secondary - 1.3MP with 720p HD video capture
- Price: $100 (At&T - 2-year contract)