It is currently 28 Jul 2014 18:27 Advanced search

Wont switch on / frozen on start screen

Use this forum to ask questions about how to do things or how to fix problems in Motorola Atrix 4G.

Wont switch on / frozen on start screen

Postby Alfamale » 08 Jun 2011 09:48

Hi, I have had my Atrix for only a few days. I have just set everything up as I wanted and today I switched on and it is stuck at the start screen. It wont switch off by the on/off button. Anyone have a solution? Is there a soft reset option as I dont want to have to send the phone back and lose everything I have just put on. Thanks
Alfamale

Re: Wont switch on / frozen on start screen

Postby expert2020 » 08 Jun 2011 11:43

Well i have a solution.You may reset your phone...mean factory reset.But as the result of this procedure all data wiil be deleted from your phone.This process may or may not delete data stored on the microSD card. So if you want to do factory reset now then i recommend backing up all of your personal data before proceeding.
First, try this:
1. From the main home screen, tap menu
2. Tap Settings, then Privacy
3. Tap Factory data reset
4. Tap Reset phone
5. Enter your password if required, then tap Erase everything to confirm

If that doesn't work, or if your phone is frozen:

1. Turn the power off. If your Motorola ATRIX 4G is frozen, pull the battery out and reinsert it
2. Press and hold the Power and Camera buttons
3. Release the Camera button when prompted
4. Press and hold the Volume Down key
5. A yellow exclamation will appear on the display
6. Select Factory Reset and press OK
Once the wipe is complete, the phone will reboot to its factory fresh state.
expert2020

Postby fonix » 08 Jun 2011 11:51

Dude this is the solution actually.You should do factory reset and if you dont want OR that process doesnt work for you in both cases you will have to send the phone back.
fonix

Postby Alfamale » 09 Jun 2011 08:57

Thanks for the advice. I called Orange who have the contract and they diagnosed as a faulty phone and are sending out a replacement by courier today. Not ideal as most of my settings / other customisation will be lost, but hey I guess that what happens when you get a phone that is new on the market, the "bath-tub" curve and all that.
Alfamale

Next

• Advertisement

Return to Motorola Atrix 4G Troubleshooting