It is currently 18 Apr 2014 21:37 Advanced search

No audio when playing videos

Use this forum to ask questions about how to do things or how to fix problems in Motorola Atrix 4G.

Re: No audio when playing videos

Postby katsplat » 08 Mar 2011 18:10

Been transfering manually - just tried MML and same results - no audio on the videos created using MS Expressions Encoder Screen Capture. Even tried converting to other formats using third party sw - they all play perfectly on the pc but no audio on the atrix. Also posting on the MS Encoder forum to see if they have any thoughts.
katsplat

Postby mikelson » 08 Mar 2011 18:13

Do you know what type of audio codec the file is using? There may be an issue that the codec is not supported by the phone, but that is just a guess until we know what codec is being used.
mikelson

Postby katsplat » 08 Mar 2011 18:14

Update: Got some good feedback on the MS Encoder forum - recaptured the video and audio now plays - but - it's volume is very low and very tinny. If I plug in earphones - audio is crystal. Any ideas on why the videos play perfectly with earphones and are barely audible with just the built-in speaker? Other videos created with MS Movie Maker play and sound perfect. Any thoughts are appreciated.
katsplat

Postby a1terego » 08 Mar 2011 18:15

I have not tried to create my own movies yet. But I did copy over a short film from my pc to my Atrix. It was a .avi file, and I used Windows media player to sync the file, as well as some audio files, and all seem fine. I have played them on the phone, and while plugging in the HDMI cable into the phone. Awsome picture and sound! And I love how the phone turns into a "remote" kind of so you can browse through your media with no problems.

Thanks,
a1terego

PreviousNext

• Advertisement

Return to Motorola Atrix 4G Troubleshooting